North India

2 minor boys electrocuted in UP district

The boys, who were cousins, were alone at home when the incident took place in Bhandora village.

Shamli: Two boys, aged 5 and 7, were electrocuted when they accidentally touched a live wire dangling from a fan in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli district.

The boys, who were cousins, were alone at home when the incident took place in Bhandora village.

Their parents, who work as daily wagers, had gone out to work when the tragedy happened.

When the parents returned home, they rushed the two children to hospital where the doctors declared them brought dead.

Shamli ASP O.P. Singh said: “When police reached the spot, the parents refused to give a nod for autopsy. They cremated the bodies.”

Meanwhile, village head Amit Sharma alleged that even after doctors declared the children dead, their parents kept the bodies buried in earth for about two hours, hoping that they would return back to life.

We welcome your comments, questions, corrections and additional information relating to this article. Your comments may take some time to appear. Please be aware that off-topic comments will be deleted. If you need specific help with your account, feel free to contact our Support Team. Thank you.

Back to top button