Crime & Accidents

Man arrested in Mumbai for kidnapping, assault of toddler

The police said that the toddler lives with her parents in a slum in Dahisar. On the morning of February 10, the family discovered she was missing and contacted the police. The police registered a kidnapping case and examined CCTV footage.

Mumbai: A 25-year-old man was arrested in Mumbai for kidnapping and sexual assault of a one-and-a-half-year-old girl in Dahisar, police said on Monday.

According to the police, the accused is a relative of the victim’s father.

The victim has been admitted to a government hospital in Mumbai. The police said that she underwent surgery and is recovering.

The police said that the toddler lives with her parents in a slum in Dahisar. On the morning of February 10, the family discovered she was missing and contacted the police. The police registered a kidnapping case and examined CCTV footage.

“It was discovered that the toddler had been taken to a secluded area in Dahisar. The accused was tracked and arrested the same day. Following the accused’s information, the girl was found near a drain. She was rescued from nearby and immediately taken to a civic hospital,” the officials said.

They added that the victim had suffered serious injuries to her private parts.

“Due to her critical condition, she was taken to a speciality hospital in Mumbai, where she underwent surgery the same day,” the officials added.

Follow for more details: munsifdaily.com

The accused was a labourer and lived in the same neighbourhood as the victim.

Meanwhile, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has taken cognisance of the matter and directed police officials to investigate the case seriously.

He coordinated with the hospital authorities and directed that the victim receive the best medical treatment, according to his office.

Shinde also spoke with senior Mumbai Police officials and urged them to prioritise the toddler’s safety and the investigation, and to ensure that the perpetrators receive the harshest punishment, his office further said in the statement.

“We stand firmly with the victim’s family,” it added.

The police said that further investigation is underway.

Further details are awaited.

Related Stories

Mohammed Yousuf

Senior Content Editor – Hyderabad & Telangana Affairs!Mohammed Yousuf is a Senior Content Editor at Munsif News 24x7, covering Hyderabad and Telangana affairs.With over a decade of experience in journalism, Yousuf reports on governance, public issues, law and order, and political developments.He regularly contributes breaking news and in-depth reports to Munsif News 24x7.
Back to top button