Hyderabad

Harish Rao Alleges Real Estate Loot in the Name of Musi Riverfront Project

Former Telangana minister and BRS Deputy Floor Leader T. Harish Rao on Sunday launched a sharp attack on Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy, alleging that the Musi Riverfront Project is being used as a cover for large-scale real estate interests.

Hyderabad: Former Telangana minister and BRS Deputy Floor Leader T. Harish Rao on Sunday launched a sharp attack on Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy, alleging that the Musi Riverfront Project is being used as a cover for large-scale real estate interests.

Addressing families reportedly affected by the project at Madhu Park Apartments in Hydershahkot, Harish Rao claimed that land acquisition and commercial motives were driving the initiative rather than public welfare. He alleged that there was a conspiracy to demolish houses of poor residents and hand over prime land parcels to big corporate groups.

Questioning the government’s priorities, Harish Rao said that while the Chief Minister speaks of a lack of funds for welfare schemes for the poor, crores of rupees are allegedly being spent on renovation of the Chief Minister’s camp office.

He was accompanied by former minister Sabitha Indra Reddy, MLA Sudheer Reddy, M. Krishna Rao and other party leaders, who expressed solidarity with the affected families.

Follow for more details: munsifdaily.com

Recalling the association of former Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) with the apartment complex, Harish Rao said that during the Telangana movement, KCR had prepared the party’s vision document there. He added that KCR had arranged a special pipeline to resolve the water issues of the apartment complex, while Sudheer Reddy had earlier overseen efforts to clean the Musi River and make the area more livable.

Expressing strong resentment, Harish Rao alleged that while KCR worked to enhance Hyderabad’s image and protect settlements, the present government was “shattering people’s dreams with bulldozers” in the name of development.

The state government has not yet responded to the allegations.

Related Stories

Mohammed Yousuf

Senior Content Editor – Hyderabad & Telangana Affairs!Mohammed Yousuf is a Senior Content Editor at Munsif News 24x7, covering Hyderabad and Telangana affairs.With over a decade of experience in journalism, Yousuf reports on governance, public issues, law and order, and political developments.He regularly contributes breaking news and in-depth reports to Munsif News 24x7.
Back to top button